What are cookies and why do we use them on the website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto the user’s device when certain websites are accessed in order to store and retrieve information about the browsing carried out on the computer.
Among other things, cookies allow this website to store and retrieve information about users’ options and browsing habits. The cookies on this website are required to ensure its proper functioning.
What type of cookies does the website use?
Depending on how long they are enabled, cookies can be separated into session and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies: Session cookies last for as long as the user browses the website and are deleted when the user stops browsing; and
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on the user’s device for a longer period of time, enabling the selected preferences to be managed without users needing to repeat certain parameters every time they visit the website.
We use both session and persistent cookies on this website.
Moreover, cookies can be divided into own and third party cookies depending on the company that manages them. We use both own and third party cookies on this website.
- Own cookies are those that are sent to the user’s computer from equipment or a domain managed by the publisher and from which the service is requested by the user.
- Third party cookies are those that are sent to the user’s computer from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another company that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Regarding their purpose, the cookies used on the website are those that are indispensable and strictly necessary for the correct functioning of a website and the use of the different options and services it offers, i.e. technical cookies:
- Technical cookies: this cookies allow control de traffic and data.
- Analysis cookies: are also used, which allow the party responsible for such cookies to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure activity on websites, apps or platforms and to create browsing profiles of their users in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the service users’ data usage.
- Customisation cookies: in other words, cookies that enable users to specify and customise certain features of the website’s general options, for example to set the language, the preferred volume, the service’s regional settings, the browser type or the number of results to be displayed on each page.
- Advertisement cookies: this cookies collect data about advertisement management.
|eurecatacademy.org||Estas cookies se utilizan para recordar el idioma que ha seleccionado el Usuario||24 horas|
|_stripe_mid||.fontawesome.com||Cookie técnica procesadora de los pagos a través de la página web||1 año|
|_utmx||.fontawesome.com||Se usa para determinar la inclusión de un Usuario en un experimento. Para más información pulse aquí||18 meses|
|_utmxx||.fontawesome.com||Se usa para determinar la caducidad de los experimentos en los que se ha incluido a un Usuario. Para más información pulse aquí||18 meses|
|_ga||.fontawesome.com||Cookie de Google, que se utiliza para rastrear el uso de la web que hacen los usuarios y analizar sus hábitos de navegación||2 años|
|WordPress_test_cookie||eurecatacademy.org||Esta cookie se usa para que el gestor de contenidos ordPress compruebe si el navegador tiene las cookies activadas||Sesión|
|WordPress_logged_in||eurecatacademy.org||Esta cookie detecta cuando el Usuario está conectado y quién eres, siendo usado para la interfaz de WordPress||Sesión|
|eurecatacademy.org||Este cookie personaliza la Interfaz de Usuario||1 año|
How to disable cookies in your browser
Most browsers nowadays allow users to configure whether they accept cookies and, if so, which cookies. These values are found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your browser.
Please find below the instructions for configuring cookies in the main browsers:
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy: -> History -> Settings. For further information, you can consult the help facilities provided by Mozilla or your browser.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For further information, you can consult Microsoft’s technical support or your browser’s help facility.
Safari: Settings -> Security. For further, consult Apple support or your browser’s help facility.